Saturday, September 10, 2011

Something Different

As you may have noticed, we've been photographing a lot of weddings, newborns, and baby bumps this summer - which is awesome. But when someone contacted me last week and wanted to see some new work that involved shooting food on a tabletop, I was really excited to try something different. After almost a day searching for props at Value Village, shopping at 5 different grocery stores, and borrowing a great little roasting pan from a neighbour, I was ready to spend the rest of my long weekend shooting every stage of the food I was making. This was a bit tricky (trying to chop leeks with a tripod over one shoulder) and I thank my lovely husband very much for his patience when dinner was very late and needed to be re-heated after sitting on set. In the end, it was pretty fun - here are a few of my favourites from the shoot...








This was my first time cooking a whole fish, and it actually turned out really well (thanks Jamie Oliver!).  Hopefully there will be more food shots to come...

1 comment:

we'd love to hear what you think :)