Friday, October 28, 2011

Jessica Lin Photography at the Dash Weddings Bridal Show November 13th!

After many years of relying heavily on word-of-mouth referals (which are fantastic), I have finally decided to add bridal shows to my list of ways to meet newly engaged (and looking-for-wedding-photographer) couples. My main reason for avoiding such shows in the past is those huge overwhelming shows where hundreds of vendors and thousands of brides share the same physical space for a weekend, but don't actually leave that space with anything but sore feet and bags full of price lists. Luckily, someone came up with the great idea of fewer vendors in a more intimate space - the "boutique" bridal show concept - which is right up my alley.


So this fall we will be taking part in the Dash Weddings Bridal Show at the Park Hyatt in Toronto. I've been to many shows (wedding and otherwise) as a browser, and even a dozen or so non-wedding shows as a vendor - so it's not a completely foreign concept to me. What sort of caught me off guard is the amount of time it's taken me to assemble all the pieces.. new album supplier = new sample albums need to be made. And since it's a booth at a show, there are things I don't normally have for consultations (such as a big banner and 1.000 postcards) that need to be designed and sent off to various printers. I am actually currently working with 4 different printers (this week) for all the different elements, and trying to keep track of turnaround times and what's already been sent has been exciting to say the least. It's a lot like being a kid at Christmas waiting for all my printed pieces to be finished - except that I already know what I'm getting!

Anyways, we are so excited for our first wedding show :) and would love to see you there if you are planning your wedding or have a sister/friend/cousin/daughter who is planning her wedding - please spread the word! Hope to see you there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

we'd love to hear what you think :)